Thursday, June 24, 2010

Get the caboose moving

Breakfast and I have a love hate relationship. I love to cook breakfast, but I normally hate to eat it unless it is after 11:00 a.m. I just can't be bothered with anything other than coffee before then. Being a health educator who touts the value of breakfast -- breaking the body's fast from a night of rest is very important to "get the caboose moving," (a favorite quotation from one of my students) -- I should listen to my own advice. Should.

I made an effort today to consume something other than my daily caffeine fuel. I had leftover cooked barley from earlier in the week and some raspberries. Voila! I added some rice milk -- cow's milk and I had a falling out in college, similar but not as hateful to my falling out with my old friend Jose Cuervo -- chopped almonds and raspberries. The barley was much more fun to eat than oatmeal. Oatmeal is ooey and gooey and difficult to swallow. Barley's like individual pearls of goodness. My caboose is moving.


No comments: