Monday, June 7, 2010

Might be illegal in some states

The rainbow cake was a hit! It was well worth the effort and mess and blue-tinged fingertips. Be brave and bake someone you love (or yourself if you are me) that cake. I assure you they will never forget it!

This past Saturday I ventured to Salt Lake City with some girl friends for my friend Ellie's wedding dress fitting. It was a quick trip of gowns, eating, shopping and BLUE SKIES! After being water-logged in Southeastern Idaho for what seems like months now, it was fabulous to see blue skies.

How I miss Salt Lake. I acted as our tour guide -- returning to some of my favorite shops and dining haunts. We stopped by Liberty Heights (The Heist who know it) to pick up some food staples I have been fiending for, namely olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

While we were there I picked up a loaf of italian rustic bread from my boys at Crumb Brothers. If you have a chance to taste this bread, savor it! These guys make a ham and cheese croissant that is on my list of things to eat on my deathbed. Their bread is worth all of the praise.

In a past life, the following snack/appetizer/dinner was a staple. Cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs, salami/meat are all lovely accompaniments. I snuck in a few drops of truffle oil because I was feeling especially decadent. Hey, it's not every day this girl gets a loaf of Crumb Brother's italian rustic.

LOVE this bread.

My favorite brand of balsamic vinegar.
Great on salads, bread, fresh strawberries.

The closest to food-gasm one can get.
Truffle oil might be illegal in some states.

Don't be fooled, that is not all truffle oil.
Olive oil, balsamic and a few DROPS
of the good stuff is all it takes.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Such a baguette,
having been honored so,
seems also to whisper,
"Voulez vous escargot?"