Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baking-envy

As promised, here's the brownie recipe that has been taunting me since Monday. I finished a wellness class and brought these as a treat -- it's a bit of an oxymoron, teaching people about nutrition and exercise and then closing the workshop with brownies. Everything in moderation, right?

I am a sucker for white chocolate and blonde brownies are nearly impossible for me to pass up so when I saw the combination of the two I knew I had to try them. Plus, the batter has ground almonds, which gives it an additional layer of flavor that beats any plain ol' chocolate brownie. Also, these have blueberries -- tricks people (me) into thinking they have a teensy bit of healthfulness. I will be making another batch of these tonight because my class devoured my stash, and I haven't been able to concentrate since. Brownie on the brain.

I made the mistake of opening the bar and sneaking a bite (or two or three) of the chocolate;
the recipe calls for an entire 4 oz bar. Oops!

Ground almonds. I didn't grind my fine enough so the brownies had a bit of almond texture.
The finer the better, I think.

Melting the butter and chocolate over my makeshift double-boiler.

Since I am a klutz, I cracked the eggs in a separate bowl to avoid an egg catastrophe.

Notice the almonds in the batter? Yum.

You could add other fruit, too. I think the original recipe called for raspberries.


Heart cutouts.


For the recipe, pop on over to Eat my Cake now. Not only does she bake beautifully, but she posts in French, too! As always, my brownie doesn't compare, but I am honest and open about my baking-envy.

1 comment:

Wren said...

Hearts?!? Blueberries?!?!? White chocolate?!?!?!?!?

*SQUEEE!*