Monday, March 29, 2010

I heart fake chicken

Before I begin I must confess something: I have eaten nearly an entire container of lightly salted peanuts inadvertently for dinner. While uploading photos for this and subsequent posts, I have managed to down nearly the whole damn thing. Holy hell, Hailey! Do you see now why I cannot have items like potato chips or Harper's Bread within my reach? I will eat them. In. One. Sitting.

I had a great plan of making VEGAN bolognese for dinner and then a bottle of wine was opened, I found the jar of peanuts, and I settled in. Damn you temptress peanuts. I blame the wine.

Moving on. No one cares to hear about my weakness for salty snacks or red wine. However, I am sure you were all waiting with bated breath to hear about my spring break at the senior center. It was awesome. Jello shots abounded. Wet t-shirt contests everyday at 3 p.m. Those seniors knew how to party. I am exhausted.

Really and truly? It was fine. Was I happy to spend my entire spring break inside, on my rump drinking water-flavored coffee? No, not really. In fact, I was so brain-dead when we finished on Friday I tucked myself in for a nap. I slept for THREE and HALF HOURS. Needless to say, the battery needed some recharging.

A quick trip to Salt Lake/Park City also recharged my very drained spirit. I need a week or more to do a Salt Lake visit properly to see everyone, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

My happy-Hailey-meter was at an all time high after some quality baby snuggle time with my favorite baby girl, Eve Harlow, and her carbon-copy mom. I am so bummed I don't have any pictures. She is stunning, as is her mamma. I followed one special moment up with another with one of my other favorite ladies, Lisa, and a trip to my FAVORITE restaurant in SLC: Shanghai Cafe. Fake chicken. Fake chicken. Fake chicken. Fake chicken. Fake chicken. Fake chicken. Did I mention, fake chicken?

I had a curry noodle salad with fake chicken and egg rolls. I am certain my eyes rolled in the back of my head in bliss. BLISS. Lisa was equally happy with her spicy vegetarian noodle soup. The next day we made a vegan breakfast that was so delicious I want to italicize and capitalize everything. I am going to hold off on bombarding you with the awesomeness that was my very brief SLC/PC jaunt, and I'll save some for later.

Until then, here's a taste of my previous life of eating fake chicken at least once a week:

Sweet, sweet fake chicken.

Nothing compares to this. NOTHING.
I've searched.

My lovely friend. I love her.

Spicy vegetarian noodle soup.

Accoutrements.

No comments: