Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long time no see

I am having a difficult time writing this morning. My brain is a little dead from all of the moving, schlepping, mind-numbing unpacking of shit that has cluttered my life the past week. I have neglected school, exercise, nutrition and this site all with the goal of making this teensy place of mine habitable. It's close. It no longer looks like Ikea packaging exploded like shrapnel.

But honestly, this has been my life:

Please don't think I am arrogant, but I'm damn good at decoding these directions:

My insanity has been spurned by this:

I could not put this dresser together fast enough.
Check it out! I managed to complete this entire dresser by myself with a MIGRAINE.

Needless to say, cooking hasn't been a high priority. I did manage to whip together this tuna wrap last night:

I was tempted to have just the wine for dinner, but I forced myself to eat the wrap. Henry IV is a depressing bedfellow.

Heather and Nick are coming for dinner tonight. HOORAY! You know what that means, friends?! A real dinner! On the menu is Cuban braised beef and peppers in the crock-pot. Not sure where we'll all sit, but that's beside the point. I am lonely for my people (and Berkley).

I missed my post here at Hail's Kitchen and hope you have all been well in my absence. If you ever need help assembling Ikea furniture, you know who to call!

No comments: