Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another good one for your bag of tricks

As you all know Sunday was the Super Bowl. I had planned on being a diligent student and only staying at the party for part of the game, but the game was actually worth watching. I stayed. I stayed and watched, and I stayed and ate. And I ate and ate and ate. Sweet Jesus. Apparently everyone got the Frank's memo because everything at the party was laced with Frank's Hot Sauce! All fun and games until the gastrointestinal Frank's nightmare on Monday.

I have to get this recipe posted and out of my memory bank, as the straight and narrow that I mentioned about a month ago is back on. My fridge is full of fruits and vegetables and the next couple posts (excluding this one) are healthier recipes. I feel like all I've posted lately has been imitation cheese and weird desserts. Not my normal bag.

None-the-less, this dip is (Dad, this is for you) the BEST DIP EVER. Really and honestly, this dip is fantastic. It's like a chicken wing without all the effort and mess. I could have eaten it with a spoon, but I was at a party with grownups and that behavior would have been frowned upon. Also, I boiled two chicken breasts to make my dip, but according to Frank, the hot sauce genius, you could use canned chicken in a pinch.

Stay tuned for polenta with tomato-braised beans and salmon with a warm lentil salad. I am sure I'll breakdown and devour an entire can of easy cheese in the meantime.

Buffalo es imperativo.

Two boiled chicken breasts looking very sad.

Diced teensy-like.


Bake and devour.

Frank's buffalo chicken dip
adapted from Frank's hot sauce
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
1.5 cups Frank's buffalo hot sauce
1 package neufchate cream cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, sour cream and mozzarella. Stir well. Place in an oven-safe baking dish and top with the parmesan cheese and a bit more of the mozzarella. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips.

No comments: