Wednesday, February 17, 2010

X marks the spot

I received some unsavory news last night that I am still trying to digest. The information gleaned is still very premature in nature, but it nonetheless resembled an enormous kick in the crotch. I am still trying to catch my breath.

I apologize for being ambiguous today, but I am trying to distract myself with, well, life. There is no point getting everyone worked up until I know something definitive. Who knows when that will be, but until then, classes must be attended, recipes must be posted, Olympics must be watched, and I must shop for a certain wee little sister's TWENTY-SECOND birthday :)

Maybe I'll win it big on the crap's table when we go to Jackpot on Friday, and I can upgrade this lemon body of mine for a new model. Cross your fingers.

Familiar cast of characters:
flour with s/p, egg, and panko, parmesan and parsley.


Remember those lovely orange guys?
Day two was equally as delicious as their first.

Another epic salad.

Panko and parmesan tilapia
x number of tilapia filets for your family
1/2 cup flour
1 egg with about 1 tsp water, scrambled
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
1 tsp salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dredge fish in the flour first, dusting off any excess. Dunk the fish next in eggs and last in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the fish reaches your desired doneness. Serve with lemon slices.

No comments: