Saturday, January 9, 2010

Adios pequena casa

I live in a state that lacks a professional sports team. Because of that void, the good people of Idaho are FANATICAL about college sports. Case in point: Bronco Nation. I attended a game with my dad on the famed blue turf earlier this season, and I am quite certain we were the only fans not wearing blue and orange from head to toe. I was in fact wearing canvas coveralls and my dad was donned in camouflage, which was hysterical in its own right, but we stuck out almost as much as if we had worn the Wolf Pack's blue and silver.

None-the-less, people of Bronco Nation are insane. Tailgating at BSU should be added to your list of things to do before you die. I will be so brazen to say that BSU fans are the most passionate and diehard folks on the planet. I think some bleed blue.

Which leads me to the Fiesta bowl 2010. Suck it BCS. Just saying.

We hosted a delightful gathering of nibbles, beer, and you guessed . . . CHEESE DIP! I'll post recipes soon. As we watched the game, or to be more realistic, shouted, cursed and squealed like little girls, we came to the conclusion that if BSU won we would make a sacrifice.

Remember those lovely little houses Heather and I made before Christmas? These houses. Delicate, intricate, detailed. Well, they were the items of said celebratory sacrifice.

As if I need to refresh your memory, I live in Idaho. We grow potatoes in Idaho. We also have brothers-in-law named Nick who make potato guns. Here's an example of the most badass potato gun on the planet:


From a distance of thirty yards, this tater gun will put a hole in a cedar fence. This tater gun put holes in both of our mini houses. No fences were harmed in the filming of this video.

Until next year BSU football.



No comments: