Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wild game pig out

This past weekend my dad and his great group of friends hosted a wild game dinner at a chinese restaurant in Twin Falls. The dinner was a collection of goose, moose, elk, whitetail deer, bison and salmon provided by members of the group, or namely, Terry. The dinner was also a collection of wonderful people; my parents have surrounded themselves with friends who have become an extension of family. It's like walking into a room full of aunts and uncles. I believe this was the fourth year of this gathering of new and old friends, interesting food and fun times.

The chef was very gracious to let me sneak into the kitchen and snap a few photos. I wish I could have been there to watch him make the salmon finger steaks. They were WONDERFUL! The breading was crisp and light -- not greasy at all. Usually chinese meals like this leave me doubled-over in MSG misery, but these dishes were lovely, each with their own unique flavor. I have to take into account, too, that we were eating very lean meat.

I would love to contribute to this feast next year. Now that I am back in Idaho I will work on embracing my inner hunter-gatherer-goddess :)

Typo on the menu: whitetail deer and bison were forgotten.
Not sure which was which.

The judge was muy happy.


Some friends liked having their photo taken.

Other friends did not.
He's just mad because I catch more fish than he does.

Other friends wore really cool shoes.



How cute is this garnish?






No comments: