Friday, January 8, 2010

Um, I would like . . . a happy New Year with a side of angiogram

Friends! Happy 2010 or twenty ten as the cool kids are saying it. I rang in the new year with one of my nearest, dearest friends Liz. We attended a vintage NYE party and had entirely too much fun, but if my 2010 is indicative of the party, I am due for a fabulous year! Here's a photo of Liz and my bangs attacking her loveliness:


As for the rest of my new year, it is been epitomized by items such as this:


My fingers are typing slower than normal because my arteries are clogged by all the cheese dip and beer I've consumed the last few weeks. However, the clean living started yesterday when I attended water aerobics at my local gym. Perhaps another reason why my fingers are having trouble typing because my ARMS ARE SO SORE. Water aerobics is not for the faint of heart . . . or those who eat jars of cheese dip -- like me. This class kicked my arse. I could hardly wash my hair this morning.

Moving on . . . I have a few wonderful, high-fat, DELICIOUS meals for you that you should make before you kick-start your clean living -- you can always start tomorrow. Right? The following recipe might be the best sandwich that ever touched my lips. Was is it the caramelized onions and peppers? Maybe. Was it the ooey, gooey cheese? Probably. Actually, I am certain it was the very expensive leftover Christmas prime rib used to make these Phillies. Heather and Nick and I were oohing and awing at how good these were. AND. Guess what I drizzled on our fries? TRUFFLE OIL!!! Decadence. Pure and utter decadence. Don't judge me.

Idaho taters. Cut in wedges,
drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake 30-35 at 400 degrees.

If you are food slut like me,
drizzle with a bit of truffle oil. HEAVEN.

Fry sauce components:
equal amounts ketchup and mayo.
Add a bit of sriracha, s/p, garlic salt.


Sweet, sweet prime rib.


Drool.

Leftover prime rib Philly cheese steak sandwiches
leftover prime rib, sliced
one onion, sliced
one green pepper, sliced
sour dough buns
canned cheese, like Cheese Whiz
sliced mozzarella cheese
1 tbs olive oil

Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent. Remove and set aside. Add peppers to the same pan. Saute until cooked through. Remove and set aside with the onions. Add the beef to the pan. Cook until just heated through. Return the onions and peppers to the pan. Prepare the buns with two slices of mozzarella, the beef/onion/pepper mixture and heated Cheese Whiz on top. Serve and eat immediately, napkins within arm's-reach.

No comments: