Sunday, December 6, 2009

I wish I were a mini person to live in my mini house

I couldn't write another word last night. I was papered-out. We had a beautiful dusting of snow here in Eastern Idaho, and I was feeling festive. Festive meaning I wanted to drink peppermint schnapps and decorate gingerbread houses. It's too cold to do anything else but stay inside and hibernate. The National Weather Service is calling for a wind chill watch:

"PROLONGED NORTHERLY FLOW THAT BEGAN YESTERDAY WILL BRING ARTIC AIR
INTO CENTRAL AND EASTERN IDAHO. THE NORTH WIND MAY BE STRONG ENOUGH TO COMBINE WITH THIS COLD AIR AND PRODUCE EFFECTIVE CHILL TEMPERATURES COLDER THAN TWENTY DEGREES BELOW ZERO."

I forgot when I moved back to Idaho that I would be moving to the tundra. I took the trash out earlier and my nostrils froze. It's cold.

I think I've only decorated one other gingerbread house my entire life and I recall it looking similar to this:

gumdropcity.jpg


I wanted my house to look festive, but not like the Christmas candy isle threw up on it. I wanted it to look earthy. I wanted it to look like a house where I would live. Heather and I each had our own little house to decorate, and you'll see each of our senses of flare. I am so impressed with how they turned out. We had fun rocking out to Christmas music and sipping on hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps, too. Beats the heck out of writing about cognitive development in middle school students.

Hailey's little house.

Welcome, friends.

I kind of didn't want to play after this roof. Pain in the ARSE!

Heather's little house.

River rock chimney and icicles, are you kidding me?!

Rosemary swag.

2 comments:

Chocolate Shavings said...

Those houses are both beautiful!

Wren said...

That roof is DOPE.