Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reduce, reuse and recycle. Well, just reuse in this case.

I had some veggies and sausage remaining from last night's lasagna and with my new lease on using leftovers, I used them for Saturday morning breakfast.  How does the saying go?  Teach a man to fish, feed him for an eternity . . .  Teach a woman to use her leftovers, spare her fridge from smelly, moldy tupperware.  Works for me!  




Baked eggs with leftover sausage goodness
Leftover artichoke, spinach, sausage mixture
3 eggs
1/4 milk or cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread veggie/sausage mixture on the bottom of an oven-safe dish.  (How I love thee, Ikea).  Whisk eggs with milk.  Season with salt and pepper.  Poor eggs evenly over goodness.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake until set--about fifteen minutes.  Easy and impressive!  

No comments: