Sunday, October 19, 2008

Better believe they're from Idaho

I tend to ask a lot of questions, especially when I am getting to know a new person. One of my favorite questions to ask is "If you had to eat one for the rest of your life, what would you eat?" It is always fascinating to hear what people choose--black olives, UGH. My answer always changes: sushi, ice cream (Grandma, I know we share this!), pasta, bacon. Today, it's potatoes. No coincidence I am from Idaho.




Au gratin Potatoes
8-10 small potatoes, sliced (I used small red and yukon gold)
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup milk
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 cup italian blend cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small sauce pan, steep the milk and cream with the garlic slices over medium heat. Be careful not to burn. Layer the potato slices in a casserole dish, sprinkling with cheese and salt and pepper along the way. Evenly pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and top with cheese and thyme. Bake about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are bubbly.

No comments: