Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dazed and confused and hungry

Has this week been tough for you?  Wow. Reentry to reality has left me wondering what day it is and what class I am supposed to attend.  After an entire week off I feel more than a little dazed.  Vacations are wonderful!  No wonder you have to earn them and then spend a week recovering from them.

I love, love, love San Francisco.  My previous knowledge of this fabulous metropolitan largely consisted of the BART and Forever 21 at Union Square.  After eating my way through the Bay Area, I can confidently say I want to go back.  Like, tomorrow.

I have loads of things to report on, but here's a quick photo tour of our adventures:

Half Moon Bay + surfing + 70 degrees + no shark attacks + bloody marys + fresh oysters
=
HEAVEN.

My car hit a milestone on the trip. I danced a celebratory jig and 
then prayed for 100,000 more miles.

View from the Bay Bridge.

Saltwater taffy.

Aquarium splendor.

Holy gills batman.


Sourdough gator!

Chinatown.

Pork bun.

Chinese broccoli.

Stunt woman might be in my future.

Need I say more?

Truffled french fries.

Fields and fields of brussels. I so desperately wanted to bring some home.

Can you tell it was a good week?

Stay tuned for the delectable Thanksgiving spread.  Taro and coconut and squid, oh my!

2 comments:

Tri Cook said...

Sourdough gator! That's pretty cool. I wonder how much that was. It must be nice to be able to drive to different states. I wish I could do that..

The Cork Chipper said...

HAILS! this is a really great photo montage of where I live. it is so fun to see it from the view of folks who are lovin' it short time... or new comers. whatever.

Thanks for the fun pics!