Monday, July 18, 2011

Blueberry envy

Can you believe it is July 17?  I start school in a few short weeks, which means this really is my last summer vacation.  I should be running through sprinklers and sliding on slip 'n slides and chasing ice cream trucks.  Are you allowed to do those things when you're thirty?  

I feel like I blink and a week goes by.  Can someone please slow the rotation of the Earth down just a bit?  Only a smidge. If you do that for me, I will make you the most epic salsa recipe on the planet.  Deal? Deal.

In all seriousness, this salsa recipe will rock your world.  I have professed my unyielding love for tomatoes on this site before.  In fact, if you recall, Hail's Kitchen was nearly named: Tomato Envy.  That being said, this salsa that is about to knock your socks off is made with BLUEBERRIES.

You will never look at blueberries or salsa the same.  

I am off to look up the number for the Schwan's man.  I really want a push up.  Now that I'm thirty I can order all the push ups I want.  At least I can do that. 


Rough whiz in the food processor.

Diced red onion.

One jalepeno -- seeds and veins removed then diced.

Tossed together with salt and pepper, juice of two limes, one clove minced garlic, 
a handful of chopped cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil.
Sorry tomatoes.

I am kicking myself for not doubling the recipe.

This is endive.

This is Israeli couscous.  

These are tilapia filets season with salt and pepper.  
Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Perfect platform for blueberry salsa.

Couscous, wilted endive, feta cheese, red onion, 
lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Perfect bitter and savory companion to the sweet salsa.

I wish you could taste this.

And this.

I tend to mix my food.  They were deliciously beautiful together.

1 comment:

jessikahsd said...

I wish I could taste it too! It looks delicious, as all of your recipes always do! I hope your last few weeks of summer are fantastic. Hopefully we'll end up in the same city again for at least a few days and we can have a pasta feast! ;)