Monday, August 23, 2010

Filled up on Omega 3s

I have returned as promised! My mind is numb from my first day of classes and my rump is sore from all of my driving, but I am back. Did you miss me? I missed you. Forgive the abbreviated post tonight, as I just got home this morning. Thirteen nights away from my bed, and I cannot wait to crawl into its cozy embrace.

But . . . I had TONS of fun. And I took LOTS of pictures so you would feel as if you were tucked in my pocket.

Let's start with yoga camp in Hood River. This one time at yoga camp . . .

This is our lovely hotel 'yoga studio' overlooking the Columbia River. Not too shabby.

Hood River is world famous for its wind. It's windy as hell there, or I should say, it usually is. The week I was there we had record-breaking heat and no wind. The wind-seekers were not happy. I snapped this photo upon my breezy arrival.

I had no class on Saturday so I joined my folks and Grandma Joyce for a fun day in Portland. They had to drag me away from Powell's Bookstore before I spent my student loan disbursement. We then ventured to Voodoo Doughnuts. We stood in line for over an hour for these tasty treats. People were grouchy; namely, Hailey, was grouchy. I was incredibly annoyed by a vagrant whose sign read, "Are we invisible?" No, dude. We can smell you from here. I wanted to hold up a sign and begin taking donations to pay off my student loans. My mom wouldn't have it.

But they had doughnuts with bacon . . . with BACON! I need to come up with some sort of silly novelty like this that people would sweat miserably in line for over an hour for -- maybe ass cakes? Sweet, bacon ass cakes?!

After yoga camp, I joined my family in Newport for a week on the beach. We managed to get the whole famdamily out on a deep-sea fishing trip. Grandma caught one of the first fish. She's pretty much an 84 year old badass.

We also did some crabbing. How I wish dungeness crab lived in Idaho.

Fresh oysters on the grill.

We ate our fill of omega 3s.

We all had a renewed fascination with the aquarium after our fishing excursion. These guys were everywhere during our fishing trip. Thank goodness for handy deckhands who remove jellyfish tentacles from lures.

Not really short weather. Heather and Julia were dressed appropriately. I was desperate to say I wore my bathing suit on the beach at least once -- I froze my bunnies off.

After the beach, Heather and Nick (and Julia) and I hightailed it back to Idaho for the marriage of our friends Ellie and Ken. My camera never made it out of my car to join the party so our little photo journey is incomplete, sadly. It was a wonderful way to end my fabulous road-trip. Congrats, Ellie and Ken!!!

And now, it is time for an extended savasana. Sleep well, my friends. I will post some more about the trip and our feasting soon. xoH

No comments: