Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Guacamole for all!

It's Cinco de Mayo! I should have a margarita in hand and be eating chips and salsa. Negative. I'm doing laundry and cleaning my 400 sq. ft. living space that resembles a recycling bin. There is paper EVERYWHERE. My poor little Ikea showroom has been neglected, as has Hail's Kitchen.

Friends, the semester is over! I cathartically turned everything in, took my last final and now can recycle the papers that have carpeted my floor the past two weeks. The library return slot let out a burp after I slipped my last book through its mouth.

I have almost four months to read books that have not been assigned to me and to write for fun -- no Shakespeare! I have a hard time believing this was my life for the past several years. What did I do with myself? With all of this . . . time.

Being that it is Cinco de Mayo, here's a little Mexican ditty for you all. I brought this guacamole along with spicy blue corn chips to a meeting this morning. I think guacamole should be a requirement at all meetings. Yes, ma'am, and margaritas. We would get so much done.

Brace yourself for another post TONIGHT. I told you, as soon as school finished . . . cool shit coming your way, people. Hope you have a margarita in hand :)

Ripe.



My go-to guacamole
3 ripe avocados
1 clove garlic, minced
2 green onions, sliced
1 tbs cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced (sometimes one is not enough)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 chili powder
s/p to taste

*sriracha to taste* I usually add a good dose, but I was feeding coworkers today so I made sure it was g-rated.

Mash the avocados with a fork, but don't annihilate them, chunks are good. Add the spices, cilantro and green onions and stir well. Add the lime juice and stir again (reserve a bit of lime to squeeze over the top to avoid the inevitable brown color). Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I need that guacamole and I need it NOW!

dad said...

throw in a handfull of pomegranite seeds next time for a very nice surprise!