Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Craving fall

Hello all!  Guess what?  It is WEDNESDAY!  I think all weeks should start on Tuesday.  Just saying.

I hope you and yours enjoyed the weekend.  The weather here couldn't have been better; however, fall is in the air.  In fact, the leaves on the river have a yellow twinge to them.  As soon as the temperature drops below fifty degrees my stomach starts to growl for cold weather food. While I should be enjoying the bounty of summer, all I wanted yesterday was roast beef.  

The grocery store had all sorts of fun root vegetables: turnips, parsnips, rhutabagas.  This is a fun dish to trick finicky eaters into eating foodstuffs they would normally shy away from.  Since I don't have kids I get to trick my roommates.  

This recipe will look familiar.

Roast beast.

No comments: