Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fat and happy

I just finished uploading over 300 photos that were taken the past few days. One would think they would be of family. However, 90% of them were of food -- glorious, rich Thanksgiving goodness -- all of which will be posted for your enjoyment over the coming week.

I figured everyone is turkeyed-out so I would amuse you with a few of my favorite photos of my very groovy, entertaining family.

Here's my mom crushing breadcrumbs
with this bottle:

Muscle relaxants that read:
may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
I may have had the best Thanksgiving in history, as I
was given one of these little guys to cure a kink in my neck.
Let me tell you, I had no stress this Thanksgiving.
LIFE WAS GREAT.
This will be part of my Thanksgiving routine from now on.

Lovely table setting. Notice that squash in the middle?
It's not just a decoration -- it's full of cheesy goodness.
Recipe to come this week.

Not too shabby, eh? My dad claimed it was the best
Thanksgiving meal he's ever had.
I'm fairly certain he says that every year.
We did have two turkeys; one organic
brined, and one butterball covered in bacon.
Hard to say which was better. I do love me some bacon.

Insert Heather's face and this picture would be perfect.

The Honorable Dad with squash from the farm.

Uncle Bryan refusing his photo.

Who knew deboning a turkey could be so fun?

This was the first Thanksgiving I had spent with my family in a number of years, and I am so glad I was able to be with them. We created some tremendous memories. We have lots to be thankful for -- health, happiness and lots of love.

I have many wonderful things to post this week. I can't wait to share with you my great-grandmother's chestnut stuffing recipe and the fun my grandmother and I had making it. That perhaps was the highlight of the weekend for me -- the two of us elbow-deep in stuffing and turkey carcass. That Grandma Joyce is a pretty special lady. Nonetheless, I hope you and yours had a safe, enjoyable Thanksgiving.

It's the final push for the semester -- two papers and two presentations, and I am done! Happy day.

No comments: