Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Best night of the week

This past summer a tradition was started. This tradition involves a couple of fairly simple yet fundamental elements: watching So You Think You Can Dance and eating baked potatoes.

I've mentioned my television addiction, namely to a network that begins with the word FOOD, but my dear friends Bri and Luke introduced me to one of the best shows on tv -- So You Think You Can Dance or SYTYCD because my fingers are cold.

I've been a fan of Dancing with Stars (DWTS) for a number of seasons, but I am going to be brazen and say that SYTYCD is better. It's close, but SYTYCD has brought me to tears and DWTS has not. Tonight is like the Grand Prix of dance shows; it's the season finale of DWTS and just a regular episode of SYTYCD. Watching SYTYCD is like eating truffles. I LOVE this show.

I am not sure how the baked potato tradition started. Not that I need to plug the potato but, A: they are delicious and nutritious. B: they are very inexpensive. C: chili, cheese, sour cream. Need I say more? Also, it's the one night of the week when I don't have to think about what I'm going to prepare for dinner.

Heather and I fix our respective taters and plunk ourselves in front of the tele to enjoy Cat Deeley's charm and the brilliance that these dancers bring to our living room each Tuesday night. It's a tradition that I highly recommend!




No comments: