Friday, July 9, 2010

Mexican omelette and vacuum fluff

Today has been one of those days -- you know the days where you should have crawled back in bed and started the day over fresh. The kind of day when you learn that your funding agency is potentially eliminating your position, when you receive an exorbitant number of bills in the mail -- conveniently at the same time, and if you're me, you knock the trash can over THREE times full of vacuum fluff. Yes ma'am, the lump in the back of my throat can go away right about now.

However, looking at the next series of photos, which were thoughtfully taken by my mom and dad while I snoozed upstairs, helps me to realize that despite all of the shit that I trudged through today, my little corner of the universe is pretty content . . . lump dissipating.

Here's the mexican omelette recipe I promised yesterday. It is super easy to whip up and oh so delicious. Try it for brunch this weekend -- it's a crowd pleaser. Happy Friday despite my Oscar the Grouch post. I hope your day didn't involve vacuum fluff. xoH

Watch out Pioneer Woman, School Nurse (AKA my mom) is coming to get ya!

Layer green chiles on the bottom of a baking pan.

Lovingly sprinkle cheese.


One dozen eggs.

Whip up with a container of sour cream and some milk.


Pour in egg mixture.

Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.

Let stand fifteen minutes before cutting.

Cut into squares.

Love the jungle plates.

My mom's recipe.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love you. I miss you. I'm sorry you were having a rough day. When can I see you?