Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good times had by all -- digits intact!


I am belated in getting this up -- I hope you have all of your digits and your Fourth of July festivities were all that you hoped for.


We travelled to our family's cabin on the South Fork of the Payette River to celebrate our nation's birthday. It's a tradition that has become one of the highlights of my entire year. We're really fortunate to have this little respite on the river that allows one to do as one pleases: sleep, read, hike, eat, soak in the pool (heated by the natural hot springs), fish, raft, shoot the potato gun, stare into space. It is wonderful.


This year may have trumped all previous years in the amount of laughter that ensued. Unfortunately, my mom's camera has all of the entertaining photos, and it will take some time before I can get my hot little hands on them. Until then, here's a mini cabin tour.


One of my favorite places on the planet, as well as
my favorite people. Good times.

Quakes were shimmering thanks to all of the rain we've had.

The hummingbirds were prolific once we refilled their sugar water.


Keeping an eye on things.


Drought years.

How cute are their matching hats and robes?

This sign meant nothing to us as children when we would spend the entire day wrinkled and sun-kissed in this hot pool.

I wish I were there right now.

We always starve at the cabin.
My mom's famous mexican omelet. Recipe to come soon!

Homemade ceviche. Nectar of the Gods.

Frank's hot sauce turkey burgers: another epic fail on my part. The dramatic story to come soon.

1 comment:

jessikahsd said...

Your photos look amazing - makes me miss the mountains! Glad to hear you had a fun fourth!