Thursday, July 29, 2010

A confession . . . and then FIRE in the sky

I have something to admit to you all; something for which I am not proud; something for which I am certain you will all judge and shun me. I have developed an unhealthy obsession to a certain evil empire's iced coffee. No, not Starbucks. The worst of the worst: McDonald's.

As Mike Myers says in So I Married an Ax Murderer, they put "an addictive chemical in [it] that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass." As one of my girl friends has fittingly claimed, they might put a little dose of crack in this coffee. It's SO good.

People, seriously, this coffee is perfection. I love my coffee. In fact, I get darn right grouchy if I don't have a large cup in my hands within moments of opening my little peepers. I would confidently say I am a coffee connoisseur. Those genius little machines they have over there at McD's have perfected the balance of cream, sugar and goodness all in a cup that rounds out to be $1.99 plus tax. Yes, ma'am, may I have another? Or four. Thanks.


I am sorry to disappoint those of you who don't condone the big M -- I know. I am an arse. Here is something beautiful to distract you from the evil above.

I snapped these photos from my private rooftop a few nights ago. Summer sunsets in Idaho are difficult to beat. Mom, I thought of you the entire time I was taking these photos. I love you very much - positive thoughts and energy coming your way. xoH







3 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

I don't drink coffee, but I certainly laughed all the way thru this excellent post. GREG

hailskitchen said...

Greg, thanks! I sure wish I could have been a fly on the wall (or a guest at your table!) for the truffle dinner. Holy Hannah! Thanks for stopping by :)

Griffs_4_life said...

dido with my head hung low and eyes at staring at the floor. "Evil, like the fruiiits of the deeevil."