Thursday, March 4, 2010

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, BEST EVER

My vegan friends, brace yo'self. This sandwich may elicit a sudden urge to eat C.H.E.E.S.E.

I know it seems as though I throw the term 'best ever' around here fairly loosely. I probably do, but when I say it, take note, because I mean it! The following sandwich will delight your tastebuds on so many levels you won't know what to do with yourself. I wolfed half of this sandwich down while standing in my kitchen -- I couldn't move. I could not get this sandwich into my mouth fast enough.

That said, the bread was homemade as was the pesto. You can't get much fresher than that -- growing the basil and producing the cheese I suppose. Cheese-making is on my list of things to do someday, but need I remind you that I live in a studio apartment where they don't even allow cats let alone milk-producing bovines.

People, make this sandwich. Make it for yourself, make it for someone you love, make it for ME! This sandwich is divine. If I had a signature sandwich, as Julia Roberts' character has a signature color in Steel Magnolias ("my colors are blush and bashful"), it would, without hesitation, be this little taste of heaven.

Slather pesto on crusty bed.

Layer mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.

Carefully toast on both sides.

Resist the urge to inhale.

Need I say more?

No comments: