Thursday, June 9, 2011

Drink Bailey's at work without getting fired!

I am just coming down from my birthday high.  I had such a glorious, sunny, lovely birthday.  I hope wherever you live you experienced the same weather we had here in Southeastern Idaho.  I wore a tank-top.  Outside!  After three great parties, I went to bed Sunday night sun-kissed, sleepy and so thankful for all of my friends and family.

Oh, and I forgot to mention.  My rump hurt, too.  LOVE, baby!  

There are a few things that make me truly grouchy -- someone chewing ice within earshot, left lane drivers, NO COFFEE.  I have professed my love and unyielding affection for coffee before on this site.  If I don't have at least two cups of coffee within half an hour of waking up, I turn into a cranky little bitch.  I may be so brazen to say that I love coffee more than any other foodstuffs.  

That said, this little bottle of goodness has made my coffee cup all the more enjoyable:


You can now drink Bailey's at work without getting fired!  How cool is that?  This creamer really is more than a gimmick.  It is delicious.  Watch out Coffee-Mate.

Moving on, a recipe . . . on a food blog.  Go figure!  (I apologize for the sarcasm.  I am only on cup one).

I will be the first one to stand up and shout on my soap box about processed foods.  However, there are times when life prevents us from making CURRIES FROM SCRATCH.

Thank you Thai Kitchen:

I was skeptical about these curries (I have also seen green, red, and panang in the Asian section), but I could not be bothered making my own.  I was pleasantly surprised, which is why I am sharing this easy, super quick, yummy meal with you all.  It is nice to have ready meals such as this one at hand for days when you haven't consumed enough coffee.  Or someone chewed ice in your ear all day.  Or you got stuck behind a left lane driver.  Just saying.

 These are the same potatoes you saw a few weeks ago that were beginning to sprout new potatoes; they were begging to be cooked.  Along with them, I diced up some chicken, an onion, a few carrots and a sweet potato.  Feel free to add any veggies or meat that you and yours enjoy.
 This was a lucky score!  Sweet basil is great in curries, too.
 I parboiled my taters in the noodle water first then added the rice noodles, sauteed the chicken and onion in a separate pan, then tossed in the potatoes and curry sauce.  Fifteen minutes total.  
Close to takeout.  

2 comments:

Casey Marie said...

OMG! I am going to buy myself an entire case of Bailey's Coffee Creamer! I'm shaking I'm so excited!!! Looks like my coffee addiction is about to get out of hand yet again. =)

Tri Cook said...

Looks good! Happy belated b-day!