Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Regularly scheduled programming to resume soon. But first, BACON!

Hail's Kitchen will resume its regularly scheduled programming soon -- you know, where I actually cook and post recipes.  I assure you.  I am still living vicariously through the meals I enjoyed across the pond.  

If you've ever eaten with me, or travelled with me, I am kind of a pain.  My cumbersome camera is attached to my body at all times.  Most people take photos of people and lovely vistas when they travel.  I mostly take photos of my meals. 

See:
My first meal in Dublin: Persian stew.

Not a meal, but certainly delicious!  Irish coffee.


The BEST fish and chips.  This fish (a whole fillet!) had a light, delicate breading that was not oily. Plus, mushy peas.

I am saying it again.  This was the BEST seafood stew I had ever had. Mussels, shrimp, scallops served with Irish soda bread.

Star anise in my stew!

Fresh oysters in Kinsale.
Served with worcestershire sauce - delicious!

My last meal in Ireland: bacon and cabbage.
Are you surprised?


No comments: