Monday, September 22, 2008

Doh!

As I was sitting here this evening eating my dinner, I seriously stopped chewing and realized it hadn't even dawned on me to document my dinner. I made a promise to myself that I would make this silly blog a reality, especially after a dropped some major money on my new camera. (Canon Rebel XSI, it rocks. I LOVE it!!!)

My dinner tonight is exactly why I am doing this; it was from leftover rice and frozen veggies. A homemade dinner doesn't get easier than this! Plus, it was warm and cozy now that the temperature is quickly dropping here in the mountains. In fact, it is so chilly my heat just turned on!

Back to dinner, I made curry a few nights ago and had some leftover rice in the fridge. I am notorious for letting leftovers morph into moldy, living beings and have really tried to make an effort not to waste food. Plus my family is coming later this week, and I don't want to horrify them with my science experiments. This dinner literally took me five minutes to make. Saute frozen veggies, stir in rice, scramble an egg, add soy sauce and sriracha, VOILA! Dinner. I told you I would post everything. Even my ghetto dinners served in Ikea tupperware. By the way, I woofed this down while watching Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? on my computer. Jeff Foxworthy, if you are reading, please come to my house so I can serve you dinner in Ikea tupperware. I know you would appreciate it as much as I do.



No comments: