Friday, May 27, 2011

Per my provider's instruction

I am approaching a certain monumental birthday, a birthday when one's healthcare provider begins uncomfortable conversations on weight-gain, bone-loss and fertility.  At my recent annual exam, women around the world cheer in unison, my provider reminded me that weight training should be included in my exercise regime.  As someone who instructs others on the importance of weight-bearing activities, I shook my head in accordance and agreed with her.  Yes, I know.  I know.  I enjoy lifting weights as much as I enjoy running, which is as much as I enjoy my annual exams.  A lot.  I enjoy those things a lot.

So this morning, being the obedient patient that I am, I lifted weights.  Earlier this week, I pulled my right glut and now I have the left glut to match. Both of my gluts are tweaked, and I am walking real funny.  I suppose I should follow my provider's other instructions and get a massage.  Yes, much more appealing than weight training.

Here's a yummy, protein-packed, post-workout sandwich (or breakfast, which is often the case for me).  I love egg salad sandwiches and try to have a ready supply of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for easy snacks.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, I hope the sun is shining where you live, because we have SNOW in the forecast for Southeastern Idaho.  Nonetheless, happy Friday all!






Easy, peasy egg salad sandwich
4 hard-boiled eggs
2 tbs chopped dill pickle
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp grainy mustard
1/2 tsp dill
squeeze sriracha to taste
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, mash up all of the ingredients.  I can't make anything these days without sriracha.  This is fun to eat with crackers, you could serve it traditionally between two slices of bread or roll up in a tortilla, or do as I often do, eat with a spoon. Enjoy!

No comments: