Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Keep reading . . . your eyes are not playing tricks on you

I know what you are thinking.  Where have you been Hail's Kitchen?  I've done this before -- disappeared and then returned stronger, sassier, and much better behind the camera.  I plan to do the same this time. Last time I faded into the dark and empty internet vastness I couldn't afford satellite internet service.

This time around things were a bit more complicated:

1.  You can call me Master Hailey:


2.  I got a new job.  This job resembles running a dairy.  It never sleeps.  As a result, my kitchen is like a lot of the friends and family I haven't seen since I began managing the F and B operations at the Lodge -- missed terribly.


3. I got married.  Our four month engagement didn't allow for much free time, especially considering the 60 hours a week I spend at work. I am officially Mrs. Great Samoan Hunter. Nice ring, eh?


4. I got shot.  By my husband of two weeks.  In the ass.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Again, no tricks on the eyes. Amazingly, I walked out of the hospital that night.  I have quite the scar and story to share with our grandkids someday.  The Great Samoan Hunter (oh the irony) will have the rest of our lives to make up for that one.

5. We moved. Twice.  In and out of the river mansion.  We're nearly settled into our new abode. A messy garage is mark of genius, right?

6.  Last but certainly not least, I got pregnant.  Baby Great Samoan Hunter will be making her arrival somewhere near the end of October.  Quite serendipitously she will join us just as our season wraps up.  Beyond words how thrilled we are (the Judge has been shopping for swing sets since February).


It's been an eventful year.  Sadly, I also lost one of my biggest fans and most loyal readers in May to the blasted and most hated c-word.  I like to think that when Grandma Joyce is not keeping a loving and watchful eye on us here on Earth, she's eating ice cream and cracking jokes with God.  I sure miss her laugh.

I do have a fantastic new kitchen that has wonderful light and plenty of counter space to pose food photos.  I also have a ravenous appetite and a renewed zest for writing.  Must be the hormones.

If you're reading this now, you know the potential that is to come from Hail's Kitchen.  Stronger, sassier, an extra hole in my butt, a baby in belly, and an MA behind my name.  Yes Internet, Hail's Kitchen is back. xoH

5 comments:

Cindy Williams said...

Welcome back Hails! Congrats on the bun in the oven!

Allison Gorringe said...

Hailey I am so excited that you are back and that you guys are expecting congratulations!!!

boxnich said...

will you send me the recipe for the last picture you uploaded to this list. It looks delicious.

-nb

Hannah said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations, Hailey.

Nan and Aaron said...

LOVE the post! Glad you have survived all the crazy and can't wait for you to be a momma! Congratulations! Now that we're moving back that direction we'll have to meet up. Can't wait!