Friday, July 19, 2013

H and G. Hello and goodbye.

As I mentioned last week, today is my Monday.  I am lucky that I don't have to be in until this afternoon -- I can linger in my weekend bliss a bit longer.  However, I feel a sort of obligation to be production in these last few hours before the long week starts again.  Rather than check items off my chore list, I have chosen to stay in my jammies, eat cottage cheese and enjoy my morning at Hail's Kitchen.

Yesterday the Great Samoan Hunter and I had a shared day off.  These days have been rare lately -- we're literally like ships passing in the night. He is off to work by 6:30, in bed by 10:00.  I am usually home around 10:30 to find him snuggled into bed.  Remember this saying from Sleepless in Seattle? H and G.  Hello and goodbye.  So is our schedule from May - October.  

He had a meeting with a vendor in Jackson, and I jumped at the opportunity to eat at a restaurant other than my own!  We ate an early sushi lunch -- I am counting down the days when sweet, tender sashimi will pass these lips -- tempura shrimp and veggie rolls do a pretty good job of satiating the craving, and I strolled the streets of Jackson like a tourist.  

As soon as the meeting was over, we hightailed it back to our sleepy side of the mountains.  This country mouse can't handle the city -- albeit Jackson.  Funny how quickly one becomes accustomed to no street lights.

We then jumped in the boat for an afternoon float, and the only good fish we (I proudly) landed, managed to evade my camera.  Fish photos are not my thing.  I get stage fright and they leap out of my hands before the shutter can catch them. I pulled a chicken out of the freezer, but alas, it was still frozen when we came home.  One can never have too many frozen, Papa Murphy's pizzas on hand. I also failed to make any rhubarb treats.  Baking typically requires butter, and am I out of butter.  The challenges of country living!

Here I am with no adventure or food photos.  However, I have been having great fun looking through my photo archives.  This computer has been in storage since October and hold loads of wonderful memories.  Writing about gardening this week made me long for our days on the 'farm.' It was a such a fun respite, despite the back-breaking work it required.  I miss playing in the dirt and dreaming of the day when I can have my own little farmer's market stand.  

If only I could win the lottery, I would be the world's best homesteader.  You know the adage, the old man goes to church every day and prays in front of the statue of a saint.  "Please, please help me win the lottery."  Eventually, the saint comes to life and tells the man, "My son, please, please buy a ticket." I buy my ticket weekly.

Have a grand weekend all!  Go buy a lottery ticket for good measure. 

Second year asparagus. 

Not sure which is sexier, the irrigation boots or the garlic.  

Lovely Belle.

Lovely Heather.

One can never have too many bottle openers.






This next progression made me laugh out loud.  Funny dogs.  No plants were harmed in this mayhem.








No comments: