Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Groovy and upbeat

Hello all!  I started my Tuesday by listening to Stevie Wonder instead of the usual Morning Edition.  Stevie has become my favorite pandora station -- groovy and upbeat.  I am swaying with my eyes closed as I type right now.  Less occupy Wall Street and more sunshine.

This past weekend my folks joined me on the river.  We had been planning this overnight trip for months.  October weather can be tricky, especially when you're camping.  The Tetons already show a healthy blanket of snow.  We lucked out though!  Great weather, excellent fishing, fabulous company and delicious food.   

Fall colors and cheery anglers.

Cow moose.


Brown trout.


Model dog.

Model parents.

Drink anyone?

Shish kabobs.


Flank steak. 



Breakfast burrito fixings.



Both of my parents caught fish on dry flies, which is always thrilling.  I successfully rowed the boat without endangering anyone's life.  Tuli took the award as the best dressed man.  And we didn't drive our guide totally nutty.  Great success!

I will, amazingly, have another post for you all this week.  Here's a preview:

HOMEMADE gnocchi. 
Pillows of Heaven.  Clouds of goodness.  Cushions of delight.  

Until then, friends!   xoH

No comments: