Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stronger, smarter, and by golly, a little prettier

This thing still works! Can you believe it?  The good folks with Blogger did not relegate me to the defunct bloggers who neglect their sites.  After a little spring cleaning and some much needed time off, folks put your big girl panties on, Hail's Kitchen has been resurrected . . . for the second time. 

The phrase distance makes the heart grow fonder has always been malarkey in mind. Until today.  I opened my blogger account with intention, with purpose, with longing to refresh this little hobby of mine that has been gathering dust the past few months, and I felt like I had returned home after a visit to Mars.  I missed my humble little post here at Hail's Kitchen something fierce.  I didn't realize until I uploaded a few photos and started writing how much I truly love cooking, photographing, eating and repeating.

For those three of you who are loyal readers, I am sorry for my absence. I am not entirely sure what happened other than this chronic condition people call life.  I won't bore with what I have been up to the past six months nor will I promise that you'll see a new post every third day, but I will say I missed it here.  A lot.  With each resurrection, Hail's Kitchen gets stronger, smarter, and by golly, a little prettier.  

So, I hope you join me, big girl panties and all, as we head into the third attempt at Hail's Kitchen.  The summer won't disappoint as I'll be splitting my time between river livin' and city livin'.  That combo is sure to deliver a healthy serving of random.  

Until then, here are some photos from my spring break trip across the pond to jolly ol' England where we visited the happiest place on Earth for a foodie like me, Borrough Market.  My friends, I was nearly left  because I of my enchantment with their produce.  After twenty minutes of capturing the setting sun on cabbage leaves, my hungry travel companion threatened to leave me and my Cannon to sleep with the taters.  Imagine a four year old girl at a Disney princess breakfast, yep, that was me at Borrough Market.  Squeeling and all.

Missed you internet.  xoH

Definitely not Albertsons.

Shrimp, both of them.



 


I nearly forgot, eclairs will forever be a Thanksgiving staple.